1939 Delahaye 135MS Cabriolet by Henri Chapron
|Body||Cabriolet De Luxe by Henri Chapron (#5990)|
|Engine||Inline 6-cylinder, OHV, 3.557 cm³|
The Delahaye 135 was introduced at 1935 Paris Motor Show and within a few months it became a symbol of sporty and elegant car. Its driving characteristics are even today very impressive. In the time of their glory Delahayes won in race such as Grand Prix Automobile de Marseille, Rallye Monte Carlo or 24 Hours of LeMans. Type 135 MS (Modifiée Spéciale) was introduced in 1938 like a new top-of-the-line model. It is powered by 3.5 litre, inline six-cylinder OHV engine with three Zenith-Stromberg carburettors which generates approx. 160 BHP.
This Delahaye 135 MS chassis 60.162 was ordered on July 22, 1938 by Delahaye company to the account of Mr. Drussy, Director du Palais de l’Automobile, Esplanade du Gravier in Agen, France. It is a exceptional car with lot of additional including the speedometer up to 210 km/h. The car has probably just 3 owners since new. The last owner Mr. Jean Mage, doctor of medicine in Agen bought the house about 5 km from Agen and the car with it. As written on the papers, it was in 1964. The previous owner Mr Grange bought this car in 1953 and according madame Francoise Mage (the daughter of last owner), this Mr. Grange was friend with a French president Vincent Auriol, who used to come to that house to visit his friend and maybe they drove this Delahaye together.